Students’ Movement for Democracy
# 174, St. 150, Tuek Laark II, Toul Kork, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
E-mail Add: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: (855)12527534/11719496
Kingdom of Cambodia
Nation Religion King
14 October 2005
Dear Samdech Hun SEN,
Prime Minister of Kingdom of Cambodia
I am very happy to hear the word from your mouth on RFA after you returned from signing of the Additional Treaty to constitutionalize the illegal 1985 treaty in the Vietnam that you would resign if the Additional Treaty would make Cambodia lose territory.
I am Pang Sokheoun, as the President of Students’ Movement for Democracy (SMD), I have been working on the field directly many years on border issues and I witness that we Cambodia does have lost land to Vietnam (in particular) by these illegal treaties included the newly signed additional treaty and it is now the right time for you to resign.
You can make sure of losing our land and verify the Vietnamese invasion to our territorial integrity by:
- Using the maps keeps at United Nations.
- Using GPS to verify the reported places of Vietnamese invasion in all the provinces along the border with Vietnam, especially, Kampot, Takeo, Kandal, Kampongcham, Preyveng, Svay Reing, and Kratie. SMD has sent all the reports to you every time SMD conducted border visits.
- Going to the border directly as a simple man and ask the people who live along the borders to tell you the truth. Please don’t bring bodyguards since the country is at peace as you said. Then the people will be free to talk to you truthfully.
- Going into Vietnam territory, since you are diplomatically prioritized, in some provinces where some border belts built in 1960s are still standing firm and far in present Vietnam land. Then use GPS to verify those spots. These border belts I have seen already and if you need clear information about this I am glad to cooperate.
- Allowing some experts on borders and government border experts, Border NGOs, and the old people who know the existing border in the past, to work together to verify the invaded-reported places.
If these are done as the stated conditions, I dare bet with you my life that if you are right, I will consciously go to jail by myself or even I am sentenced to death and accept a traitor status. But if I am right you must step down and do as I will. Then, there will be no more accusation on each another and everyone will accept, respect, and be responsible.
Please Samdech receive my highest respect.
Signed: Pang Sokeoun
- Cabinet Minister
- Ministry of Information
- Political Parties
Please Click Below to Read The Letter in Khmer Version