Posts Tagged ‘heng sam rin’
ចំពោះរឿងនេះ ខ្មែរ សុវណ្ណភូមិ សូមបែងចែកជាសង្ខេបក្នុង៤ដំណាក់កាលដូចខាងក្រោម៖
តំណាក់កាលទី១ ពីឆ្នាំបង្កើត១៩៥១-១៩៧៥៖ បក្សនេះជាបក្សយួន ហូ ជីមិញបង្កើតឲ្យខ្មែរវង្វេងជាតិមួយក្រុមដឹកនាំ។ ជាបក្សដើរតាមការដឹកនាំរបស់បក្សកុម្មុយនីស្តយួនទាំងស្រុង។ បានសហការជាមួយយួន យៀកកុង ចូលដីខ្មែរបង្កអុកឡុក ប្លន់ទ្រព្យសម្បត្តិខ្មែរ ប្រឆាំងរាជានិយម បោះទីតាំងទ័ពក្នុងដីខ្មែរឲ្យអាមេរិកទំលាក់គ្រប់បែកសំលាប់ខ្មែរ ក្នុងសម័យសង្រគាមយួន-អាមេិរក និងចុងក្រោយរួមជាមួយយួនផ្តួលរំលំរបបលន់ ណុល កាន់អំណាចពីឆ្នាំ១៩៧៥ ដល់ ១៩៧៩។ ក្នុងតំណាក់នេះមិនបានកសាងទេ តែនាំភ្លើងមកដុតខ្មែរ បំផ្លាញជាតិ និងសំលាប់ខ្មែរ។ Read the rest of this entry »
Statements of Euro-Cambodian and CWCI condemn the three traitors on border resolution with Youn Hanoi
After the three traitors releasedd their statement as response to Sam Dach Ta request for the investigation on border encroachment reported by MP Sam Rainsy, Euro-Cambodians and Cambodian Watchdog Council International (CWCI) released their statenments condemned the lift immunity of MP Sam Rainsy and the unacceptable border resolution mechanism with You Hanoi as the act of lacking national conscience.
- Euro-Cambodians´Statement on the Lifting of MP Sam Rainsy Immunity
- CWCI-Statement on the Three Traitors Response to Sam Dach Ta
It is supprising for me today that I got the new ideas from our people in the country after I have made some calls to greet and wish some relatives and friends in our motherland on this auspecious occassion of Bon Pjum Ben. Read the rest of this entry »
Why Heng Samrin has many advisors? What are they doing as an advisor?
This is another empty promise, i do think so, under the Hun Sen regime. The promise comes from Touch Naroth, Phnom Penh Police Commissioner, who told Deum Ampil News on 12th March about the allegation that raised by MP Son Chhay in his letter dated on 11th March sent to Heng Samrin to launch an investigation into an allegation that one of his more than 100 advisors, Ob Sophy working at Ministry of Foriegn Affair, who has used a gun to threaten U.S diplomatic staff on 14 February 2009, while they were jogging along the Phnom Penh roads.
The police Commissioner added: “We have questioned him regarding the allegation and he said that he dropped the gun ( and tried to pick it up). But when we got a complaint from the U.S embassy, we turned the case to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to resolve it with the American embassy.”
Let’s see if the action is taken and the man is brought to justice. We all know that this is not the first time that we hear such a promise made by Hun Sen and his officials and the result negatively will be the same. Just look at the cases of Tat Marina who brutally attacked with acid by Svay Sitha’s wife in 1999 and the criminal is still walking freely, Piseth Pilika who hade a love affair with Hun Sen killed in 1999 and nothing is done even though the criminal is supposedly Bun Rany Hun Sen, Touch Srey Nich who was gun down in 2003, Chea Vichea wo was assassinated in 2004 and many more cases which happened to singers, journalists, democratic and political activists, and polticians which all of the cases are closed down.
We are so hopeless with the incompetent leadership of HUn Sen and with this the vision of the rule of law for better Cambodia is unreachable.
Since last week, on 17 February 2009, the news of KR trial has been worldwide boradcasted and published ranging from all the interational popular news networks – TV, newspapers, and online news, and here are some of them like BBC, CNN, Reuters, ABC, MSNBC, The New York Time , Global Vioce, the Gardian, Channelsnewsasian , and Strait Times, to the local news in many of the countries around the globe. Especially, the country where I am living in now, Sweden. Some of Swedish TVs showed the film on “The Killing Field” and documentary on Cambodia relating to the Khmer Rouge issues before and on the day of the trial. More importantly, many newspapers in the country, the national and the local newspapers, have also published the KR Trial on thier headline front pages.
To my supprise on the morning of 17 February 2009 upon my arrival into my classroom, my two teachers, the political science and Swedish Language teachers approached me with some newspappers copied in their hands and said to me, “Congatulation, Victor! (Victor is my official name in Sweden). At last Cambodian people see the light of justice.” Then they handed those copied news, ÖA News (local news in my commune) and Dagen News ( Swedish national news) to me with the very warm smile.
However, they felt shocked to hear my response to them that, ” Thank you, but I am sorry to say that I never support the KR trial.” Then I told them why I don´t support the KR trial as I summarize it as follow:
- The Khmer rougue trial is just a SHOW of justice. Because the judges´ majority are Cambodians who are politically affiliated to the CPP. And they are strongly controlled by Hun Sen. Leastways Cambodian people have trusted the Cambodia justice system or judges.
- The process of bringing the regime’s leaders to court has suffered years of procedural delays causing by the CPP government, and no major figures have yet stood trial. The process to reach the KR trial was initiated on 18 June 1997, but came into existence in 2003 and has its first trial against one of the KR´s leaders in 2009.
- The trial starts from the low to the top. The trial tried Duch who is just a leader of S21 and I think before those higher leaders get their turns, they might have died and the justice will be left unacheived.
- May leaders of the KR are still free and even lead Cambodia like Hun Sen, Chea Sim, Heng Samrin, Hor Namhong, and Damdech Ta Norodom Sihanouk. Most of them have been accused of committing the crimes both in the past and present. And they should be brought to justice in order to clear out all the accusations, too. They should not be exempted beacuse, “None is above the law”, according to our National Constitution.
- China and Vietman are the two countries which camouflaged behind the killing field in Cambodia. These two countries should be included in the candidates for the KR trail. Without these two countries´s bloody politics towards Cambodia, the killing fields would never have happened or the trial would never have prolonged to a long time. The processes of the trial have suffered many years of delaysbecause of these two countries´ undisputably continual interference. The Vietnamese government influences the delay through its today puppet government in Phnom Penh led by the former KR´s leaders Hun Sen, Chea Sim and Heng Samrin and China influences the delay throught Samdech Ta, the former King of Cambodia, preah Bat Norodom Sihanouk, who is the supporter of only one Chinese policy. These two countries have persistently interfered the trial of the KR´s leaders being afraid of their past involvement with the regime taken into accountabilty and responsibility.
- The UN-backed court, Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (ECCC), is so infamous with corruption and political interference from the CPP government.
- The trial will serve as a key to boost the political image of the dictatorial ruling CPP and the legitimate invasion of Vietnam over Cambodia since the 1979 which are against the spirit of the majority of Cambodians who have been democratically fighting for true justice, democracy, and real independence for the country.
With these points of my explaination they seems to agree with me and understand about my decision not to support the trial.
I think many Cambodians do feel the same way as I do and yet we cannot make a change because of our voices are so weak due to our limited freedom and power to influence the the change given by the puppet CPP government. That´s why I never publish any news or express my opinion related to the KR trial and I never pay attention to it either since the ECCC established. And this is my first reaction on it since the trial process initiated because I can´t help reacting when I have seen many reactions around the world and in Cambodia just pay attention to the TRIAL at place without ANALYSING the following concerns:
- The true root couses of the killing field or who are axactly behind the killinf field.
- The reasons why the ECCC has such a structure and its credibility to assure the justice.
- The reason behind the delays of the trial process.
- The reason why only five of KR´s leaders stand for trail.
- The corruption in the ECCC.
- The reason why majority of Cambodian people, espcially, the old who all of them experienced the regime, do not go to see the trial or interess in watching the trial on TV.
Don´t they think that those Cambodians think that the trial is just a SHOW like me, too?
In order to acheive the real justice for the Cambodians under the brutal regime of Khmer Rouge, the trial must be seen as the follwing:
- All of KR´s leaders must be brought to trial without exemption.
- China and Vietnam must be hold accountable for the killing field just like the KR´s leaders in Cambodia.
- The trial must be processed and tried under the independent International Court body.
Only such a trial would happen that the justice would be assured and brought about the real cure among Cambodians regarding to the past trauma caused by the brutal KR.
Today is the day of marking the 30 anniversay of Youn invasion on Cambodia 7 January 1979. It is the day that we as democrats, the new generation, the real patriots, and the true sons and daughters of King Jayavarman VII, must remember and unite each other as a nation in order to bring back real independence, development, peace and pride for our beloved motherland.
“This day must be remembered always as the Youn never forget it.” We must remember it in order to reunite ourselves a nation and liberate our country, in contrast to the Youn who never forget it in order to propagandize it and divide us so that they can control us and continue its indirect colonization.
Please stop paying attention to these current leaders, but instead please pay attention to ourselves on how we can save our nation. We all clearly know that these present leaders have no moral, competent, and nationalism values but traitors. With this, they must do and will continue to do it as they do it today about the 7 January 1979 in order to bring about a good image of themselves, for they have nothing at all to tell our people, to boast about their achievement with integrity, morality, pride, competence, and honor, except this fake 7 January 1979 which unindependently organized under the political plot of the Hanoi regime.
United We Win!
We Can Make Our Motherland Great Again!